Started off the week moving Maddie & Brian into their new apt. after they got back from their Honeymoon in Moab (hopefully they send you cool arch pictures!). I felt pretty proud successfully getting a little U-Haul trailer to tow around w/ the van!--but decided I'd let go of my dreams to be a semi-driver. They're in a cute basement apt. in southern Provo. (Although Jane was appalled, saying over her Little Ceasar's lunch to them, "You're house is SO dirty it even makes my pizza taste weird and sandy!!"--guess she never noticed the cornmeal on the bottom before). We found some DI chairs for their kitchen & got a few groceries while they got settled, then got to see them open some of their wedding gifts before we headed home. (Jane kept saying, "I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOU!! I LOOOOVE KITCHEN STUFF!")
Sunday, June 30, 2019
6/30/2019
We had to return the trailer in Syracuse, so we took a break at Chloe sunshine park while I got gas, and they now have a pretty sweet splashpad built next to it!
I went to the temple with Rebecca Leichty Thursday morning, and then I took the kids to the North Ogden pool w/ a picnic for the rest of the day. It was beautifully relaxing (so much so that I didn't grab any pictures!). I'd been stressed about finances this week, so it was really great to taste that peace of the temple, and then have a slower paced day. Ran to Logan for some errands on Friday, then to play w/ DeFillipis for a bit before date time w/ Dad (we hunted for Duncan reunion candy).
Saturday Morning, Spencer, Anne & I ran in Garland's Wheat & Beet Days 5K. I "ran" so slowly there were not many people behind me!, but most of the women who would normally be in my age group were in charge of the race this year, so even in my slow-motion pregnant state, I got a medal! Love small towns!--& they gave prizes to everyone who participated, plus free breakfast! G&G Duncan stopped by our house, and we drove together down to the Great Duncan Reunion--won 3 candy jars this year (Jane asked me 200 times, "Aren't you so proud of me winning this candy?!!!"), had bounce houses & lots of fun visiting time. It was strengthening to be surrounded by so many great people and all their stories of overcoming and enduring. They also had a great world map of all the missions served in the family--You're the first to Taiwan!!
It's hard to read about you struggling w/ feelings of discouragement when you're doing SO much good!--also maybe because I can relate too well! There's a lot of life that is waiting for the next patch of light---I was struck in the temple by how every time Adam & Eve declared they were waiting on the Lord, they would THEN be visited by Him. I also loved reading Jacob 3:1-2 when I was feeling wobbly, of the virtue of a "firm mind" which meant to me to not lose faith! To have courage! (instead of DIScouragement). Sometimes I have to remind myself outloud that I DO have faith, and know the Lord is guiding us, even when I can't feel/see it. Emily gave a great talk on Trek today--focusing on how well Christ DOES know our individual struggles, & how the pioneers, despite all their difficult circumstances, recorded more of the blessings/miracles because they recognized that Christ was with & understood them. It also helps to know, though so far away, we know you're not on your own. Love you so much, and amazed by all you're doing! Love, Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment