Sunday, July 7, 2019

7/7/2019

 What a week of CHANGEs!!!:

-So anxious to hear about your transfers after over SIX MONTHS!!!

-Breely's mission call to Guatemala!! (leaving on your year mark!)

-After a 5th Sunday mtg about financial wisdom (& a following discussion w/ Diana), I spent a lot of time this week trying to be diligent with our budgeting--just went over everything again, and updated a lot of stuff---and after a big effort there, Dad had a message that they wanted to interview him for the judge position! (still no where close to an appointment or guarantee, but after 2 months of silence, it was nice to know he at least qualified to that point!)--also another witness that EVERY effort I make at trying to do better, the Lord meets me more than halfway to remind me I'm not alone!

-Dad was finally able to have his colonoscopy (& EGD--scope down the throat to stomach) done--the day after 4th of July, haha, which meant he spent the holiday on a liquid diet prepping :(.  But that way, Emily wasn't too sad about working, and I just took the others hiking in Hyrum's Canyon.  Emily got home from work early enough to join us girls for a quick drive to Brigham City to see fireworks.  The GI Dr. found a few things:
1-Dad's esophagus is pretty roughened up from acid reflux he has barely noticed (and has probably caused a lot of his coughing/burping); Rx should help 
2-colon looked good, but the end of his sm intestines had ulcers/irritation, which could be an indicator of Crohn's disease (basically, an auto-immune disorder of small intestines that creates digestive problems that can be managed w/ medication/diet) OR Celiac Disease. We'll hear back from a biopsy about Celiac sometime next week, and has to swallow a PILL CAM to get pictures of the small intestines to see about Crohn's.  He's hoping it's Crohn's between the two, but just to have some answers as to why he's always exhausted/uncomfortable (both diseases prevent the body from absorbing (IRON & other) nutrients like it needs) is SUCH hopeful relief! I think he's been miserable for so long he barely notices it anymore, but the idea that there could be something to get him feeling even somewhat alive again is fabulous! LOTS of years of prayers finally seeing some direction--as I read the book of Enos Sat morning, those words hit me of v15:
I cried unto him continually, for he had said unto me: Whatsoever thing ye shall ask in faith, believing that ye shall receive in the name of Christ, ye shall receive it.  

There really is ALWAYS hope in big things and little.  I went into church today feeling a little lonely and leftout--which I haven't really struggled with for years, and I wanted/prayed to be rid of it.  It wasn't anything major, but I loved as Bishop bore his testimony (after giving Savannah her mission plaque!) how the Spirit just entered the meeting, and my doubts and hard feelings just softened and fell away, and I was filled with so much love and gratitude.  I love how the Spirit is able to have that effect and CHANGE us!! Bro. Christensen used in Sunday School Pres. Nelson's words about repentance and how the Greek root for repentance meant to CHANGE-knowledge, heart, mind, breath, and how as we turn to Christ to repent, He helps us CHANGE that much of us!--even the way we breathe!

I also loved in the CFM manual how they brought out the story of the lame man--begging for alms, only to be healed by Peter (who didn't have gold or silver to give), and how we are often blessed in ways DIFFERENT from what we may be asking for.  One of Dad's cousins at the reunion last week was telling the story of Wendy Nelson needing to look for a home as she was marrying the prophet (then apostle).  His schedule didn't allow for much house hunting, so she asked her friend Sheri Dew to come with her, and as they went from house to house, she finally walked in one she felt great about, and asked Sheri to join her in a back room to pray about it.  Sheri offered the prayer and asked in the prayer, "For things to work out for this home OR FOR SOMETHING BETTER" having SUCH faith, that when things we ask for are NOT in God's plan, HE in HIS great plan always has things more glorious in mind for us than we have for ourselves.  I LOVE that reminder that I know is true (and that I forget regularly at almost every prayer!).  

Lots of prayers for all of your coming changes!! Love you so so much!!! Love, Mom

Pictures:(empty hospital bed, as I forgot to take any of Dad while there!), 
our gorgeous hike--w/ enough bumpy rocks, I may go back to induce labor!--Jane was such a cute little hand-holder! 
Going to watch Breely open her mission call--Lucy was there, but got a bloody toe at the last minute!


























No comments:

Post a Comment