Sunday, June 23, 2019

6/23/2019

 Dear Brent, 

SUPER WEEK! Wedding Day for Maddie & Brian was just fabulous--having so much family gathered there in the temple felt like Heaven, and everything was just SO happy.  And I wasn't overwhelmed or exhausted or stressed, which was a real blessing--I was really able to savor the whole thing, so thank you for your prayers--I felt very strengthened.  All the Idaho family had a marathon day driving down for the wedding & back in one day, and it was fun seeing Stewart/Mildenhall aunts & uncles together too.  The reception was in Syracuse, and we were overwhelmed by the love of so many dear friends!--current ward members from Tremonton, and so many old friends from Syracuse.  Just so many wonderful people to remind us how blessed we've been!
Having family around has made everything more fun (& easier, as they're all amazingly helpful!).  Kristen got to spend a couple of nights here for a mission companion's wedding before she swapped places w/ TJ to join us; Mom flew in Monday, then Robert & Sadie came Wed.  Briant & Katie (& Elsie) met us at the wedding, then stayed over last night & came to church with us.  We hiked to the BR, dominated the arcade at Pizza Plus, went to a COOLD swim party/cookout (at least the water was warm!?) in Logan, and had lots of fun visiting.  Elsie's about the CUTEST, most easy-going 2 year old to walk the planet--the girls didn't fight at all while she was here(!!) and LOVED being her shadow. 
Savannah spoke (beautifully!) for her mission today, and I was asked to speak with her on the Priesthood.  I learned SO much as I prepared this week--about how much God blesses us with access to His power, but had a hard time putting it all to words.  I was also released as YW President today!!!--then called to be YSA Rep for the ward, so lots going on! Thought of so much with all of these big days--Sure love you SO much! Love, Mom

















No comments:

Post a Comment