It’s hard writing when I’m battling my own silly discouragement & feel like I don’t have any light to share. I just wish I could do better at having enough energy to do more good w/o getting more exhausted or becoming impatient with others. I see so many others’ good examples of implementing “Come Follow Me” & feel so lame & uninspired. Thank goodness this is a Gospel of change!
I do sure love 2 hour church!!!—& I loved in SS the scripture in D&C about all being edified by all & not to covet!—-(I so need to work on that one—it’s one of Satan’s tricks to have me coveting other people’s successes so I feel inferior).
And I loved studying Mary & Elizabeth to teach with the family tonight & how Elizabeth had prayers answered, but according to God’s timing; while Mary—NOT praying for a child—had to learn humility with God’s will being so different from her expectations—I have such a hard time with that one!—I have a hard time reconciling the idea that we need to be “agents unto ourselves to act & not be acted upon”, but then when things come along to make me switch courses I feel like it’s useless to keep trying to direct my path or that I have it all wrong!—but I love Mary’s brave & humble example & I love that she was blessed with Elizabeth.
After taking down Christmas decorations, we celebrated New Year’s Eve w/ gyoza, cheese balls, & Martinelli’s—Spencer & Emily went to the church dance while Brian joined Maddie over here where we worked on a puzzle (our 4th!). New Year’s Day we all played ball in the church gym together for a few hours, and by Wed., everyone was back to school/work!—Jane & I enjoyed having Maddie a few more days —& we grabbed Emily for a fun girls lunch on Friday. I also ran to the temple that morning—at first sad to miss the 9 AM session, but then grateful I was able to see the changes in initiatory & sealings—it was really beautiful & an unexpected joy. Spencer & Anne started Jr Jazz games Sat (& Dad started reffing) & seemed to have fun!—Spencer has a positive coach this year—(Hooray!)—& it was great watching Anne catch on so quickly on how to improve. We had a big bacon/hash browns & egg breakfast for Dad & then birthday cake after homemade pizza & presents. (He still had to spend most of his day on the court, but supposedly he likes it!), & I took Maddie to the train station that night to head back to Provo. We’re anxious to hear your travel plans!—& I did check multiple times on that package, but they said b/c of all the Christmas rush, it is still possibly stuck in the backlog & to give it a few more days—if you haven’t seen it by tomorrow though, I think I’ll just reorder. Lots of snow up here this morning!!—Woke up to early church, snowblowing the driveway, & would’ve gotten to my Mtg in time w/ dinner in the crockpot except Lucy came up to tell me how much she had thrown up in her bed & hallway!—poor thing—she seems to be doing better!—just hope that it doesn’t go through the whole house! Sorry to be a downer this week—so so proud of you & all you’re doing & we pray constantly for you—both here in preparation & as you get to Taiwan!—You’ll do amazingly well!!—love how well you’re learning in your genuine humble state! (& wish I could be more that way!)—loved this quote that made me think of you from Bobby Lewis’s talk last week:
As the missionaries experience their “moment of
truth,” the divine miracle begins. Gradually, line upon line, precept upon
precept, through the days, weeks, and months of giving themselves over to faith
and faithfulness, their souls unfold. Spiritual values replace physical and
material values and transcend intellectual and social values. The doctrine of
the priesthood distills upon their souls “as the dews from heaven” (D&C
121:45), and the Holy Ghost becomes their companion. Through their devoted
service the Lord writes his laws and his love into their lives, “written not
with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in
fleshy tables of the heart.” (2 Corinthians 3:3.)
Spiritual Roots of Human Relations by Stephen R. Covey





No comments:
Post a Comment