Tuesday, January 1, 2019

12/30/18

Aside from thinking the furnace was broken, we've had a really great holiday time--lots of slow, downtime doing puzzles and playing games together.  The Hess's were sweet to join us for Christmas Eve dinner & Nativity--I think we all behave a lot better with people over ;).  Poor Jane had been so excited all day, she could barely stay awake, but she made a pretty accurate Mary, I thought! Having a baby takes it out of you!  Celebrated Grandpa's birthday with Huevos Rancheros and gelato on Friday-- & after so much home time, we had a  temple trip, bowling and the new McD's playground.  We've seen a lot more of Maddie's Brian too which has been fun.  (I apparently have no patience for dating though!--now that they've seemed to find each other, I just want them to join families and be done with it--haha!)

I was struggling with a lot of negative self-doubt & feelings of worthlessness for a few days, and as I started those temple initiatory ordinances, I was the only one there for the first few names. it felt like the temple workers knew me personally and I was amazed at how much love I felt and how individually it seemed the Lord was letting me know He was aware of me and the good in my life.  I looooove the temple.  Dad found among the temple workers, a Stringham, Farnsworth, Morley, and Stewart down in the baptistry too, so we felt pretty family surrounded ;).  

Loved hearing from Porter Trunnell this week as he gets ready to leave for his mission, & got to visit w/ Dad's Trunnell cousins (13 kids!!!!!!!!) who had come to hear him! Bobby Lewis spoke so well on trying to understand why the simple Primary answers (scriptures, prayer, repentance) are still hard for us to do at times, and brought out what a difference it can make as we strive to LOVE reading, praying,& repenting instead of just doing them.  It was a great lead-in to the Come Follow Me for families/individuals we had a 5th Sunday meeting about (I got a little choked up for every Asian family they showed!).  I love how individualized the Gospel Study is designed to be, to bless people in any circumstance.  The Gospel is amazing how it is organized for all of us, but specific enough to meet our personal needs--just like those temple ordinances that are the same for everyone, but still very individual.  I'm really excited to see this new study take off (though our first effort tonight was far from perfect ;) as Jane left to draw/cut out cards for all of us, saying as she worked, "You know what I'm doing?--Just what Jesus told us to do!"





No comments:

Post a Comment