Spencer loved Cub Day Camp
Anne LOVED swimming lessons--and was jumping off of the diving board her first day! (I think watching all of her cousins swim at our reunion got her motivated!). Still, she does different things with motivation than our other children have: she also tackled doing backflips on the trampoline after watching our neighbor--that is a first for our whole family!
She does not get any bravery from me! Brian and I got to go boating w/ 2 other couples in our ward on a lastminute Thursday night (the boat-owners were so happy to find anyone willing!). Brian tried a little skiing, and did great on the kneeboard--I did ride the little tube w/ Brian, but that was plenty of excitement for my pregnant body :)
It was nice to be in the water. We're having quite a drought here in Syracuse this year, so we can't play in the sprinklers like we usually do in the heat. The kids have had plenty of "Wipeout" action w/ the Kinect in the cool basement, and we have visited a new splashpad in Layton that has some sort of water-recycling system to allow it to keep going w/ little water use:
Emily loves setting up school/parites for the younger ones, Brent and Maddie have had Girls' Camp and Scout Camp, and I made jam and tons of fruit leather (just sitting it oustide in our 100 degree weather under a window screen!) from Stacey's apricots!







No comments:
Post a Comment