We got the idea from Rosie to straighten Anne's hair! The first time (in GA) it looked a bit like straw, and we realized she needed a trim, but we tried it again last week for church, and she wanted it "CURLERED" every day! I gave her the choice of straightening iron or water bottle, and she chose iron every time. She loves (the attention and) being able to say, "I have long hair like Maddie and like Emily!"
As to her skin---the homeopath drops really seemed to be helping for the first week or two, but I feel like we're not getting anywhere again. Others comment that she's looking better, so maybe I'm just too close to it to see, but in the meantime, I'm trying SO hard to be patient and trust the Lord through all of this. Here she is playing Dr.--if anyone knows how, she does!
We WISH she were a COMPUTER DR. !!!! since our computer crashed the day after we got back from GA. 2 months out of the warranty, so we took it to a shop for a week while they fixed it, and were able to retrieve all of our files, etc. That way, after many tears of frustration, it only took me 2 hours to have everything reconnected and working again. I feel like our computer has become what our cars used to be in that (6 years of) newlywed stage :). Nice to have our patience tried and priorities straightened! Speaking of repairs, Maddie also had laser surgery last week to pull the canines from the roof of her mouth! What a trooper she is! Lots of fun hurdles to help us appreciate success!
But then, there are days like yesterday, where everything just feels perfect, and it's easy to press on: I had picked up Mom to spend the night with us before she headed back to GA after staying w/ Grandma Priday for a week, and we started the morning--through a fresh 6" of snow w/ our Institute class together--so fun to take her w/ me! The children got jobs done and snow clothes on while I made some bread, and went sledding over at the highschool (Anne couldn't get enough!!), while Mom treated us to Subway for lunch. Brent stayed home with Brian to watch BYU WIN!!!! their big basketball game (HOORAY!!), I took Mom to the airport, which seemed only to be taking her an hour away, since we've seen so much more of each other lately, then came home to bathe the babies before Brian and I enjoyed a really fun(ny) High Priest Social. Just a lot of good fun, where I LOVE our house and our family and our stage of happy life just like we are! I am amazed again at how Pres. Monson's simple talk on being grateful can bring GREAT things to pass! There ARE SO MANY blessings to count!

Anne looks so much older with her hair straight! She looks so cute too.
ReplyDelete