Sunday, October 1, 2023

10/1/23

Great Conference Weekend, especially to have Maddie's family & Emily come up. Weather is turning beautiful and fallish--Seth and I have gone on more bike rides this week, and I've spent a few afternoons on the patio reading to soak up the last of our sun this year. Had a few RS visits throughout the week, and felt like I was not worthy of being an adult when I not only was late getting cheesesticks to Anne's tennis practice, but forgot FOR THE THIRD WEEK IN A ROW voice/piano lessons!!! Switching from Monday to Wed has really done me in. Thank goodness Brenda is so understanding---I wish I could learn to be better with myself! We sang Happy Birthday to Brent on Wed, and on Thursday I got to see Anne at state (but missed her playing a VERY close round with a bitter player/parent/coach that badmouthed every call she made!), and then met Maddie's family, Emily, and the MADSEN'S!!! at BYU for lunch--SO good and fun to see them---I was worried about such a long day since I'd woken up at 4 that morning, but came home just floating with happiness from being with great people. Here were 2 of my favorite quotes from Elder Daines (who I just read is Michelle Craig's younger brother): "Covenants are the shape of God's embrace", and "Serving in the church is like standing in a river of God's love" Hope your week's gone great! Love you Love you! Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment