Sunday, July 16, 2023

7/16/23

Well, this week proved we don't have to go on Trek or head to Yellowstone for adventure! Starting with Monday!!! The hilarious emergency I told you about where at JUST the perfectly timed moment where the girls had to be to Girls Camp, the snacks and Jane had to be to Tennis Camp, Emily had to be to the Ogden train station, and I had to be back for presidency meeting. It would have been adventure enough lining it all up, and I DID get the first part of the morning going, with workout, breakfast, and shower in time to go get ALL the snacks & drinks for 50 girls for 4 days, and I got the girls dropped off at the church in time for Camp, but as I was making the next connection (where timing was SO crucial!!), the car battery DIED, and even the squished-in van with my having to hurdle 3 benches from the back door because it was so tight wouldn't jump the car (!?!), so I tried to think quick and just take the van, only to have the car LOCKED WITH MY PHONE, PURSE, AND TENNIS SNACKS trapped inside!!! Thank goodness for Emily keeping a cool head--we miraculously (since she had her phone and bags NOT in the car!) were able to get Jane and her friend to tennis camp, (and begged for help on getting emergency snacks from the asst coaches), got Emily to the train in time for work, only having to go one station further to get ahead of it, met Dad's secretary who could get him out of court and get his key (of course Monday is his court day where he is totally unavailable!), and got back in time to pick up Jane, unlock the dead car with Dad's key, and meet the tow truck (Emily had called roadside assistance while we drove) who WAS able to jump the car one last time so we could make it to the Auto parts store for a new battery--SCHWEW!!! I never made it to presidency meeting, but other than that, fairly few casualties for what was looking like a major disaster. The girls seemed to have a blast at Girls Camp, and since Jane & I felt sad about missing it, we took her friends for Happy Meals and dollar movies on Tuesday. I spent evenings visiting with sisters--one night with the DaBell's, where James wanted to cuddle with me the whole time in their shady backyard, sweet front porch heart sharing with Cindy, and in the yard with JoAnna--it is the best connecting with people. Picked up the girls from Girls Camp Wed morning (they were just at Earley Park close by), and Lucy started her first soccer tournament of this year with games Wed, Thurs, and Fri in Logan. Spent a lot of time getting the house, garage, and patio cleaned up Wed and Thurs, but I woke up SO tired on Friday, but got an early temple session in, then got a call from Brent wondering if they could move in with us for the school year! It was awesome timing that we had such an open weekend--we spent most of Saturday rearranging bedrooms and moving furniture so they could have space. So time for another adventure!! I had been praying to know of ways to have better discussions with the family and especially kids at home, conversations that are about serious things and spirituality, etc., and and not sure how to change things--and then as we were getting things situated yesterday, I thought how interesting the timing is. I never would have looked to having other people in the house to change the dynamic, but maybe God has more in mind than just a place to live, and I could see how a little influence from other people like Brent and Breely, who the girls look up to, could be an answer to my pleas. And YOU are set for the biggest adventure of all!--hoping the call looking for documentation of your blood type (?!!!??!) doesn't slow things down for your travels! The mission secretary said they've NEVER had to do that for a missionary to Columbia before?--what a wacky time! Hoping Anne can pass her permit test this week before she hits the 6 month mark (and would have to wait longer for her license!), and Mildenhall cousin reunion coming next weekend! Love you so much, Mom (ropes course pictures are from before, but just add feeling of adventure 😉)

No comments:

Post a Comment