I started walking in the mornings w/ Rebecca across the street, which has been nice. I admire her a lot--keeping her family active while her husband (silently) drifts from the church. We also kicked off summer with swim lessons for the 3 younger girls, so it's been good having that routine of the day, and getting them used to the water again. (It was good for my cough sitting in that humid Nat too). Spencer spends whatever dry hours he can find at the tennis courts--every morning, and again in the afternoon--& Emily just landed a job at Subway! The sweet ward threw a shower for Maddie Thursday night (still, I fail at pictures!)--there are just so so many good people around us, it's almost overwhelming--especially considering how few of them even know Maddie at all! My Pickleball friends were the planning committee. :) I was worried I'd be so stressed with this wedding, and there have been a few snafoos, but saying over and over at the shower that the wedding was in 2 weeks left me so excited! I really AM so excited for this to be real, and to enjoy their special day together! (And it's so nice to be happy, not stressed--hopefully it lasts over the next 11 days!)
Anne & Lucy made it to District in City Track, so I took them to Layton for that huge meet--ran into Quinn Spackman there working for an internship (Derek's been out a year now!). It was actually a pretty cool day for June!--we were all in jackets, hoping it would hit 60, if you can imagine!! The girls had fun--I sat there like a lame mom, barely moving, and even taking a nap in the car between events after my throwing up night, but it was a beautiful day, and fun driving around old stomping grounds full of fun memories. Even went as far as West Point to pick up Maddie's wedding flowers. Reminded me that though I feel so lifeless and boring now, there is still hope for the future remembering fun things we've done before. The parades, picnics, park trips, your city track meets, biking trail trips, etc. We've been blessed with lots of beautiful places to live! Spencer & Emily leave for Trek this week, then Emily goes straight to a Student Council Leadership Camp at USU, so lots of fun! Love you so much! Hope those allergies are abating--still looking at options for mailing meds...
Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment