First, MADDIE'S ENGAGED!!!! Brian called us Thursday night to ask for our blessing, and Friday after they did temple baptisms, he proposed!!! Nice to have it official!!
Love your sweet testimony, and that as we got your letter about repentance, we were studying the Come Follow Me chapter of Jesus healing. I love that He healed EVERYone that came to Him. After Tremonton winters, it is always SUCH hope to see little buds and green poking through the ground for spring. The Savior really gives that kind of hope to every dead part of our lives.
Tuesday, we did haircuts for the boys and Jane! Wednesday was a RS birthday dinner I made a blueberry lemon cake for that was a lot of fun. Thursday, Spencer left for St George on a tennis tournament trip. He had a lot of fun, and was glad to get some good playing experience to go along w/ his sunburn(!). Friday, Dad found a couple of clearance suits at Kater shop before we did Initiatories at the temple. Saturday was the funeral for Sis. Hardester--I'm sure you remember her from shut-ins. She was a lot like Grandma Priday with her great example and positive serving, though she's been sick for most of while we've lived here. SO many in the ward learned from her example, and it was a sweet reminder of the influence we have on others. I took the little girls with me to the viewing since Jane's a good friend of granddaughter Brooklyn, and Anne's had daughter Julie Harris as her Activity Day leader. As we waited in line, the girls were looking at the program and asked if we could stay for the funeral. Emily had gone w/ Tamsyn to finish up prom shopping, so we were free enough to stay. I love how close angels seem to feel at funerals. Jane and Lucy went home, but Anne & I stayed to help w/ the meal in the kitchen. Anne got to help hold a 1yo twin boy and was a sweet go-to girl in the kitchen for hours!! It's like she already loves RS!!
Rachel Anderson is getting married in the temple next weekend, and Sis Brough shared a sweet example of influence today at Ward Council. Apparently, Rachel really hadn't thought a temple marriage was necessary. Her dad hasn't been active most of her life, and she just didn't see it as a priority. Well, back when her friend in the ward--Jaalah Brown got married (last year), Jaalah just invited her to be at the temple when they came out after the ceremony. Rachel was there, and she said, when she saw Jaalah come out of that temple, something struck her about how HAPPY AND DIFFERENT Jaalah was, and just that moment (likely on top of years of other seminary/YW lessons buried in her heart) was enough to CHANGE her mind! Jaalah, of course, had no idea, but what a powerful SIMPLE moment! I love how simple--AND important it is to touch each other's lives.
I also got to go out w/ the sister missionaries Sat afternoon, trying to clean up their area book--I LOVE being with them, and thinking of you doing parallel work. It was kind of unsuccessful, since we didn't find anyone, and lots of driving around, but it reminded me how a bulk of missionary work (and any disciple work, really!!) doesn't look exciting or effective, but it still shows our diligence/obedience to keep going. I taught on strengthening testimonies today in Laurels, and it's like that there--lots of little drops that may not seem amazing in the moment, but, when added up create a big difference in who we become. Love you so much! Mom
| Jane's "BEFORE" hair |
| and "AFTER" |
No comments:
Post a Comment