Mom couldn't take the whole time off we were there, so I joined her for her sunrise walk up Temple Hill before she left, and Maddie and tried snorkeling at Turtle Bay while she was at Seamstress. At first I was disappointed to not see more colorful coral reef or formations, but once I saw the FISH, it was AMAZING!! We spent an hour just floating around right in the mix of schools of bright pink fish, rainbow colored fish, star fish, blow fish, seahorses, and SO MUCH. Incredible! We met mom for a BBQ lunch at the AMAZING Polynesian Cultural Center, then toured as many fabulous shows as we could the rest of the afternoon while she worked at Settlement. She had a well-marked map of when to do what, and even gave us pointers of the best seats for the Canoe Pageant. I did not know what to expect of the PCC, but I was totally blown away!! The cultures were SO vibrant and talented!!!--the music filled my soul to tears over and over--I just could not get over how beautiful so much diversity could be, and kept thinking how much the rest of the world needed to see this kind of outlook--all of the African tribes in civil wars, the Middle East, India, and all over--to see differences celebrated instead of dividing just made me so happy to be part of humanity!! I could easily see how God could so easily love ALL of his children in all our variety!! So fabulous!! We ended that night with a beautiful trip to the temple (Maddie did some baptism names before us) w/ a couple of other sister missionaries, had some soup in the cafeteria, and then topped it off with LOADED shaved ice at Angel's Ice Cream---Yummmmmmm!!
 |
| Sunrise |
 |
| Temple Hill Park |
 |
| sunrise from Temple Hill |
 |
| Temple Hill view |
 |
| Turtle Bay |
|
No comments:
Post a Comment