Sunday, November 22, 2015

We ran a race, and got a cat!

I saw a sign for Tremonton Turkey Trot--admission:  food pantry donations the day before the race, and thought I would go run, and maybe get Spencer or Emily to come along.  Before I knew it, everyone but Maddie was jumping in on it though! It was a great sunny day, and though we were NONE of us very fast, it was fun to all participate in something fun together.  I was a little sad Maddie didn't want to join us, but grateful that she could stay home with Jane, and REALLY grateful, when we realized we'd locked the keys in the van, that she could drive over to deliver the spare.  We all got free T-shirts, cow bells, tons of cocoa, and above average exercise for our fit crew :).





 We managed to clean out our garden and yard that afternoon, before Brian and I got ready for Ward Temple night.  I was really lamenting the fact that Emily was pretty sure she heard a mouse in her room the night before, and wishing it were kitten season, since a bunch of people up here have cats and don't think outdoor pets are strange.  We had a great night up at Logan Temple, and enjoyed getting a bite with 4 other couples on the way home,-- enjoying comfortable company like that felt SO good!! I got a text from one of the couples after we got home, "Are you still up? Guess what I found in my garage?"--I had mentioned my mouse plight in the car, and seriously, a half-grown kitten was in their garage when they got home---without me even having a choice, they brought it over with a towel, and said if we didn't want it, we could put it back outside, since that's where she'd started! We held her for a while, then left her in the garage in a box w/ a towel, and some food and water, surprising the kids (after we checked to make sure she was still there) Sunday morning.  They were all pretty ecstatic, and even with the freezing weather, everyone's found a lot of excuses to go out and love her.  There has been a lot of fighting on names, so we had to let it rest for a while, but I think we're stuck on Winnie.










No comments:

Post a Comment