Maddie, cute thing, actually made it to 16, which seems impossible, given my barely over 16 age. She was as laid-back about that as she is about most things, so we had Cookie Crisp (breakfast), Chicken a la King and eclair cake, and I took her out to Wendy's for lunch, and that's how exciting her Mom is. Under the principle of Compensatory Blessings though, she has AWESOME friends that decorated her room (after cleaning it!!) and brought her treats and a little close-friends party (which is what she likes best) AND--she got asked on her first date THAT WEEKEND, so I was really grateful that my slacker ways of not throwing a big coming-out or shebang were made up for so well. :)--and as always, we are ALL glad Maddie is SOOOO easy to please!--she just asked for a hoodie and some shorts--and I threw in some chapstick. Her buddies got her lemonade, a Captn America Frisbee, and some more treats :).
Mother's Day was great-a box of chocolates from Brian via the firm, and special treatment, recited poetry, a tent full of presents, FABULOUS breakfast and love from children, AND we got to have Dad & Kathy w/ us for dinner, so it felt much more festive :). I LOVE being a Mom, and LOVE that I have a Mom who understands me SO easily and well, and love the HUGE influence mothers and grandmothers have been in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment