Sunday, January 6, 2013

Little~slow~Moments

 This is Lucy at the Jr High--we were either picking up Brent's clarinet for a repair, or dropping off Maddie's violin that she forgot--just a quick into the office and out.  Only there's no such thing as quick when you put your coat (and sweater today) on and off every time you get in or out of the van, run away when it's time to brush hair or go potty, and take off your shoes every time you're not walking in them, and stop to look at every clump of snow, every pattern in the carpet, and anything else you can see! But I had just heard something that stuck w/ me from a Women's Conference talk.  Wayne Brickey (one of our BYU bishops) was talking about parenting, and said as we wait for toddlers on OUR schedule, maybe they are still a little more used to Heaven's schedule where there ARE NO CLOCKS and learning, exploring, and growing are key.  I loved seeing her little dawdly focusless direction as heavenly, instead of what I was trying not to call it.  This day we waited long enough to take a picture of her, AND these cute ones of nearly-ready-for-Kindergarten-Anne :)


 Also, here are some favorite lines of the week:
Anne:
"I turned the “dingbell light” on Mom since it's dark now!" (she turned on the front porch light--by the door bell)

Spencer:
"We are actually going to be SUSSESSFUL at finishing this puzzle!" (it is so fun to say that while finishing a puzzle!)

Lucy:
"There's Daddy! (in the hall at church)--HE MARRIED YOU :) :)!!!" (this was from an explanation of why I was leaving for our date night--because Daddy and I are married and love each other, and want to go be together for a little bit--to which she then replied, "I don't want you to be married!")

Spencer:
Is Dad still in the bishopric?--Do they switch it around every year like they do our Primary teachers? :)

This was at the trampoline park right before they went back to school (on JAN 2!!!)--can I just say how great they are to have around??--the older girls to convince in sweet and miraculously effective-let's have a party ways--their younger counterparts to brush their hair, clean up a mess, finish their dinner, or whatever else I ask them to do that makes them cry, AND Brent, who DOES DISHES while my back is turned, and asks about 7x/day if I need any help with anything (I usually do look THAT frazzled :) ).  I love being surrounded by them, even if I am NEVER quick :)!

2 comments:

  1. Katya said, " Mom, are you sure that's Lucy?! She's big, not small!" and Margot said, " She grow, Katya, she grow!" :)

    ReplyDelete