Since I have a tendency to romanticize
things, this if for days in the future that I wish for “yesteryear”:
a sample of reality—and this is not even a post about the day I found an entire box of
bakers chocolate unwrapped and scattered all over Lucy's crib, or the
day Lucy smeared HANDFULS of Aquaphor all over the side of my bed
(yes, I had just changed the sheets as a matter of fact!), or the day
I lost both girls outside while cleaning up the kitchen (they were
across the street @ neighbor's), but seeing as all of THAT happened
just last week, this day is still a fair sample of a my time w/ toddlers!!
Monday May 7, 2012
-wake up early (6 am) for self time: ½
hr exercise, ½ hr scripture
-make breakfast, family scriptures,
shower, send out school kids, husband
-dress, feed Lucy, sort & start
laundry, clean up breakfast—dancing around like zoo animals as we
go—all in happy spirits anticipating HUGE Wal-Mart trip
-drop off Spencer's forgotten lunch,
find lawnmower repair closed, and head to Wal-Mart by 11
-2 ½ hours, 1 Rx, 2 bathroom trips,
not TOO crazy a time keeping Lucy caught up, and Anne from jumping
out of cart (those great child seats last about 2 aisles-esp. W/
broken buckles), buying everything from bike wheels to strawberries
& $400 later, we get to come home
-perfect sunny day, so girls pull out
wagon and bike while I unload groceries (seems like a good antidote
to Walmart's kryptonite lights).
-After 3 trips into house, I can't see
girls, so find Anne riding bike, just behind our fence, but NO
LUCY!!!--and Anne can't remember seeing her!!! We run to neighbors
garages, backyards, double check house to make sure she didn't sneak
in, and after neighbor comes out to help, find her calmly going to
the “Rock Store” (aka drainage ditch for the street—also
dreadfully close to busy road!!!!
-Put both girls INSIDE house—Lucy
actually manages to run out AGAIN as I try to finish unloading groceries, and is
around to the front door fast enough to get me panicking again—put
her in high chair now, and while I run one bag of freezer food
downstairs, both girls open a box of (100) ziploc bags and happily
pour them all over the floor!
-They snacked in the car, got 2 cookies
at Wal-Mart, and since they were clearly tired of trying to be civilized, I gave up the idea of a a lunch together at the table, and ate my lunch alone today; they are already
snoring. It's only 3PM...


Love the pictures and love to be able to view your lives. It helps us feel closer while we are away.
ReplyDeleteWow! I hardly recognize Anne with her hair straight! It's so good to hear that things are just as crazy for you as they are for me. Honestly, I've practically given up cleaning all together because of the messes created WHILE I'm cleaning! It looks like Women's Conference was a blast. It's so good to see your mom! I'm glad you got the break!
ReplyDelete